Panini sandwich press, or heavy oven-proof skillet and brick
1. Preheat grill to high. Brush chicken, bell pepper and red onion with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Place chicken and vegetables on grill. Grill chicken 4-5 minutes per side until internal temperature is 170ºF. Grill vegetables until tender-crisp, turning once or twice.
3. Meanwhile, combine pesto and olives in a small bowl. Slice focaccia into 4 pieces; cut each piece (or each roll) horizontally to make a sandwich. Spread pesto mixture on cut sides of focaccia.
4. Slice chicken crosswise 1/8-inch thick. Divide chicken, peppers, onion and cheese evenly between 4 sandwiches. Place top on sandwiches, pesto side down.
5. Return sandwiches to grill and reduce heat to medium. Place a heavy cast-iron skillet (or oven-proof skillet weighted with a brick) on top of sandwiches. Close grill lid. Grill 2-3 minutes until bread is crisp; remove skillet, turn sandwiches and repeat pressing with skillet. (May need to grill sandwiches 2 at a time to fit under pan.) Alternatively, press sandwiches in preheated panini grill or sandwich press. Serve warm.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Calories from Fat:
Sign up for News & More
Receive new product information, industry insights, recipes and more.