2 Chicken Breasts, Boneless, Skin On (to be removed from PERDUE® HARVESTLAND® Organic Whole Bird (WOG)
2 tsp. Sesame Oil
2 tsp. Fresh Ginger, Minced
2 tsp. Fresh Garlic, Minced
3 tbsp. Soy Sauce, Low Sodium
2 tbsp. Mirin
4 cups Chicken Bone Broth
1/2 cup Shitake Mushrooms, Sliced
1/4 cup Carrot, Shredded
3 tbsp. Scallions, Sliced
1 tbsp. Sesame Seeds
6 oz. Ramen Noodles, Dried
1. Remove chicken breasts with skin from PERDUE® HARVESTLAND® Organic whole birds. Part out remainder and package for later use, reserving all bones. Place the bones on a sheet pan and roast for 30-35 minutes at 375F with a few onions and carrots. Place bones, onions and carrots in a steam kettle and cover with water. Bring to 165F and hold for 8 hours, adding water as necessary. Remove from kettle, package and cool.
2. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper. Place an parchment lined sheet pan and roast in oven at 425F. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Slice or shred and reserve.
3. Heat sesame oil in large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger, saute until fragrant and lightly browned. Add soy sauce and mirin, allow to reduce by a third. Add chicken bone broth and allow to simmer for 20 minutes, adjust with water if needed. Slice shitake mushrooms into thin strips and add to broth along with shredded carrots. Allow to cook for 10 minutes.
4. In a pot of boiling water, place ramen noodles and cook until desired tenderness. Remove and chill immediately. Set aside.
5. Divide cooked ramen noodles into 4 bowls. Ladle in broth, place sliced chicken on side and top with scallions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Sign up for News & More
Receive new product information, industry insights, recipes and more.