Grillin’ Chillin’ Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 2 skewers per serving
- 12 Perdue Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs cut into quarters
- 1 Lemon — Juice of
- 1 Lime — Juice of
- 1/8 c. Rum
- 2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Pineapple — cut into Chunks
- 1 Cantaloupe — cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 Red Bell Pepper — seeded, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 Green Bell Pepper — seeded, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1/4 c. Macadamia Nuts
- 1/4 c. Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 9 c. Field Greens — (1.5 cups per portion)
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken thighs with lemon juice, lime juice, rum, brown sugar, cinnamon. Toss well and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Drain chicken thighs and thread onto skewers alternating chicken with fruit and vegetables.
- Grill or broil skewers for 10-12 minutes, or until it reaches 165 degrees internal temperature, turning occasionally and basting with marinade. Serve atop salad greens. Top entrée salad with macadamia nuts, coconut and your favorite dressing.