Lemon Basil Cornish Hens with Roasted Vegetables
- 4 Perdue Cornish Hens
- 2 Lemons - zest and juice
- 2 tbsp. dried basil
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic — minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 lb. New Potatoes — halved or quartered if large
- 1 can Artichoke hearts in water — drained and halved (14 oz can)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Zest and juice both lemons. Combine with basil, oil, garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush hens with mixture. Toss vegetables with remaining mixture.
- Place hens and vegetables in roasting pan or casserole dish. Cook for 1 hour or until thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 180° F.