Chicken Potato Rosti
- 2 Russett potatoes — peeled and grated
- 1 onion — grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper — ground
- 1 liter vegetable oil — for frying
- 8 PERDUE® HARVESTLAND® RTC B/S Chicken Breast Filets
- 3/4 c. crème fraîche
- 3/4 c. capers — drained
- 1/4 c. parsley — fresh, chopped
- 1/4 c. dill — fresh, chopped
- Season chicken to taste, sear both sides and cook to 165°F, slice in 9 even pieces each and set aside
- Using a dish towel or cheesecloth, squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible from potatoes and onion.
- Transfer to a large bowl and mix in eggs, flour, salt, baking powder and pepper until absorbed.
- In a pan with oil hot and ready for frying, drop a heaping tbsp. of batter into the hot pan and flatten into disks. (Yields about 2 dozen rostis.)
- Fry for about 5 minutes on each side or until both sides are deep golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel and season with salt.
- Rosti potatoes can now be frozen until ready to reheat/serve or set aside and keep warm if serving more immediately.
- When ready to plate, assemble two rostis, 1 tbsp. crème fraîche, three slices of warm chicken and about 1 tbsp. of each of herb and caper garnishes.