Grilled Chicken & Veggie Pesto Couscous
- 2 c. basil leaves
- ¼ c. pine nuts — toasted
- 1/3 c. parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves — minced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- pinch black pepper
- ⅓ c. olive oil
- 4 PERDUE® HARVESTLAND® No Antibiotics Ever, 6 oz., Single Lobe, Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Filets, Small Bird, Marinated IF, 56541
- 2 c. heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 2 yellow squash — oblique cut
- 2 c. mozzarella pearls
- 4 c. Israeli couscous — cooked and chilled
Instructions for Pesto
In a food processor, add basil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. While the food processor is on, slowly drizzle olive oil and blend until a paste is formed. Scrape sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula if needed to make a uniform paste. Reserve.
Instructions for Salad
- Blister cherry tomatoes in a preheated 450°F oven, about 20-25 minutes.
- Preheat grill on high and grill squash. Remove and cool to room temperature.
- Add chicken to the grill and cook until an internal temperature of 165°F. Allow to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Combine the couscous, pesto, mozzarella pearls, heirloom cherry tomatoes and grilled squash.
- Transfer to serving dish. Slice chicken and place on top of the blended couscous.