Honey Ginger Korean Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 4
- 1 lb. PERDUE® HARVESTLAND® NO ANTIBIOTICS EVER, BROILER TENDERLOINS, SELECT SIZE, FRESH, SMALL BIRD, CVP
- 1 c. rice flour or potato flour
- 1/2 c. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. water
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. mirin, dry white wine (or rice vinegar)
- 1/4 c. honey
- 4 cloves garlic — minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger — grated
- 1-3 tsp. Gochujang (Korean sweet chili paste) or other sweet chili paste
- vegetable oil — for frying
- steamed rice — for serving
- Kimchi — for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the rice flour, cornstarch and salt. Whisk in the water to make a batter.
- In a large deep skillet or saucepan, heat enough oil to deep fry to 375°F. Dip the chicken tenders into the batter, letting the excess drain off. Carefully place the chicken tenders, a few at a time, into the hot oil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Turn the chicken tenders and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes until crispy and cooked through. Chicken is done when it feels firm to the touch and a meat thermometer inserted in the center reaches 170°F. Transfer to a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, mirin, honey, garlic, ginger and Gochujang to taste and boil until slightly reduced and syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Brush the fried chicken tenders with the soy chili sauce. Serve with the remaining soy chili sauce, steamed rice and kimchi if desired.