Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs Classico
- 2 lbs. Perdue® Ground Turkey
- 3 Large eggs — lightly beaten
- 1/2 c. Italian-seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1 whole Small Onion — finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic — finely minced
- 1/3 c. water
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground pepper
- 10 oz. tomato paste
- 16 oz. tomato sauce
- 12 oz. prepared pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. dried crushed basil
- 16 oz. uncooked spaghetti
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese — shredded
- Combine turkey, beaten eggs, breadcrumbs, chopped onion, minced garlic, water, 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese, salt and ground pepper together in a bowl. Shape into 32 1 1/2" size meatballs.
- Heat large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and place meatballs in skillet (cook in two batches if necessary).
- Reduce heat and cook meatballs until browned on all sides.
- Scoop tomato paste on top of browned turkey meatballs; add tomato sauce and prepared pasta sauce. Sprinkle oregano and basil on top of all ingredients and stir gently to blend.
- Loosely cover skillet, reduce heat and simmer for approximately 45 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- While turkey meatballs and sauce are cooking, boil water and prepare spaghetti according to directions.
- Serve drained pasta on a plate and top each portion with 4 turkey meatballs. Garnish with shredded Parmesan cheese.