Turkey Mole Stack
- 3 lb. PERDUE® RTC Ground Turkey
- ¾ c. olive oil
- 48 corn tortillas, fried and reserved
- 4 ½ c. jack cheese, shredded
- 3 c. cabbage, shredded
- 3 radishes, shaved
- 3 tbsp. cilantro leaves
- 3 chayotes, peeled, sliced ¼”
- 6 jalapeños
- 2 lb. tomatillos
- 6 garlic cloves
- ½ c. corn flour
- 2 ¼ qt. chicken broth
- 1 ½ c. cilantro sprigs
- 1 ½ c. parsley
- 1 tbsp. allspice berries, ground
- ½ tbsp. cloves, ground
- 1 tsp. cumin, ground
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly-cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat broiler.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Place chayote in boiling water and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Remove from the water and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium in a sauce pot. Brown ground turkey until fully cooked. Turn off heat and remove from pot and set aside.
- Place jalapeños, tomatillos and garlic in a sheet pan. Place pan under broiler until charred. Place jalapeños and tomatillos in a bowl and wrap with plastic wrap. Once skin softens, remove skin from tomatillos and jalapeños. Remove rib and seeds from jalapeños. Place all into a blender with cooked chayote, cilantro sprigs, parsley, spices and a quarter of the chicken broth. Puree until smooth.
- Add the remaining chicken broth and corn flour in a bowl. Puree with a hand blender until smooth. Transfer into the pot where the turkey was cooked. Turn heat on medium and cook while stirring until mixture becomes thick.
- Add blended sauce to the cooked corn flour. Stir and cook for 5 minutes over a simmer. Add reserved cooked ground turkey and stir. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Equally divide turkey meat onto 12 tortillas onto a sheet tray. Sprinkle with jack cheese on top of turkey. Bake in oven until cheese lightly browns.
- Assemble turkey stacks with 3 layers of topped tortillas. Then top with 1 fried tortilla shell. Top with a little bit of the sauce from the turkey. Garnish with radish, cabbage, and cilantro leaves.