Hiking Sandwich with Pesto To Go
Serving Size: 1 sandwich wedge
- 1 lb. loaf round sourdough bread
- 8 slices SANDWICH BUILDERS® Turkey
- 8 slices SANDWICH BUILDERS® Ham
- 1 c. portobello mushrooms — grilled
- 10 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 c. Fire-roasted yellow & red peppers
- 1 whole ripe tomato — sliced
- lettuce leaves
- 1/4 c. pesto
- Cut a large circle within 1” of edge of top of bread to create a lid. Remove lid and pull bread from top of lid & insides of bread to form a shell.
- Spread pesto onto underside of lid. Spread remaining pesto inside entire bread shell.
- Inside shell, layer 1/2 of each of the turkey, ham, cheese, mushrooms, peppers, lettuce leaves & sliced tomatoes. Repeat layers, ending with the turkey.
- Tuck all ingredients into sides & corners of bread shell as you layer so there are no empty spaces.
- Place bread lid on top & wrap entire sandwich tightly with plastic wrap. Cut into wedges when ready to serve.