Oven Baked Bourbon Molasses Drumsticks
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Have some fun with these mouthwatering drumsticks from America’s heartland. Serve in a box with slaw and corn bread for that perfect down home feel.
- 5 HARVESTLAND® Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 1/4 c. finely chopped onion
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. Bourbon
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place drumsticks in a shallow baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter and cook onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in ketchup, bourbon, molasses, brown sugar, chili powder and salt. Simmer, stirring frequently for 3- 5 minutes until slightly reduced and thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked to 140°F internal temperature. Stir sauce on bottom and corners of pan half-way through cooking to prevent sticking.