Walnut Balsamic Glazed Chicken and Grilled Vegetable Salad
Cook Time: 45 minutes
A wonderful, savory, warm salad perfect for any time of the year. Colorful and easy to make for family and friends.
- 4 HARVESTLAND® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 c. Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. Walnut oil or Olive oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 medium zucchini (about 12 oz.) — halved lengthwise
- 1/2 lb. Asparagus — trimmed
- 1 medium Red bell pepper — seeded and quartered
- 8 c. Arugula, baby spinach or mixed greens — (about 2 qts.)
- 1/2 c. walnut pieces — toasted
- Place chicken in a non-metallic dish.
- To make vinaigrette, combine vinegar, oil, honey, mustard and salt in a small bowl or shaker jar. Mix well. Pour 2 tablespoons over chicken; marinate in refrigerator 20-30 minutes, turning once or twice. Reserve remaining vinaigrette.
- In another dish, combine zucchini, asparagus, red bell pepper and 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Let stand while preheating grill to high heat.
- Place chicken on grill, cook covered 6 minutes. Turn chicken and place vegetables on grill; close lid. Grill chicken an additional 6 minutes or until internal temperature is 170ºF. Grill vegetables 3-4 minutes per side, or until tender-crisp and grill-marked. Transfer chicken and vegetables to a cutting board.
- Divide greens onto 4 plates. Slice chicken crosswise into 1/4 inch slices. Cut zucchini and bell pepper into 1/2 inch pieces. Arrange warm chicken and vegetables over greens. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette and sprinkle with walnuts. Serve immediately.